Fall Council of Chiefs
The Council of Chiefs provides the planning guidance for the annual Section conclave and other Section programs. The group is made up of the Section Chief, Section Vice-Chief, Section Secretary, the Lodge Chiefs as well as appointed Arrowmen who serve as Conclave Vice Chiefs who provide specific leadership to the various areas of each Conclave.
Every Autumn, in addition to the usual monthly and other regular calls used to coordinate communications among the lodges in the Section, we hold an in-person meeting of the Council of Chiefs, as a start to the Conclave planning process.
This meeting is held in a central location to be convenient for the greatest number of Lodges in the Section. It is a one-day meeting, held on Saturday. We encourage all who have to travel to reach the meeting location to do so no later than the evening before so that the entire day is available for vital Conclave planning and Section business, including planning for the January Triad, a weekend event.
This year’s Fall COC will be held virtually. Look for more information soon!
Registration Link: TBD
The Section Triad consists of two distinct portions: the COC business meeting and the Adapt Collaborate, Thrive Conference.
Are you interested in being an integral part of the 2021 Section Conclave planning? If so, the Section Triad is the event you don’t want to miss! Section SR-2 needs YOUR help. This fun-filled planning weekend includes the following:
- The first part of Triad is an exciting, helpful, and innovative training called the Adapt, Collaborate and Thrive, or ACT Conference. This Seminar covers how your lodge can utilize the lodge performance measurement program in growing their numbers and program. This session, taught by experienced Order of the Arrow trainers, is essential for lodges. During this conference, you will have the opportunity to work with Arrowmen from the across the Section, have fun, and work towards making our lodges thrive.
- The next part is an in-depth planning process for Conclave; this is one of the few instances in which the COC meets in person for Conclave. This session includes exactly which events and competitions the Section will hold, budgeting for these program items, and planning for our promotion of Conclave. If you want to implement your ideas into Conclave, this is the time to do it!
This Section Triad is crucial for both Conclave planning as well as youth officer and adult adviser development. The only way to not benefit from this event is to simply not attend! Check out the information below for more details.
- Who: All Arrowmen are welcome to come, but Lodge Chiefs, CVCs, and their respective advisers are required to attend.
- What: Section Triad – ACT Conference, Conclave planning
- When: January 15-17, 2021
- Where: TBD
- Why: Finalize planning for Conclave 2021, develop lodge leadership.
- Cost: TBD per person
- Registration link: TBD